Dr Tiana Templeman is an award-winning freelance travel journalist, travel author and media industry academic who has been delivering entertaining and informative talks and training seminars for more than 20 years. Tiana is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and holds a Master of Creative Industries and a PhD on ‘Freelance Journalism in the 21st Century’. However, she would much rather see the world and write about it than hang out in the hallowed halls of academia.
Tiana has delivered ‘Working with the Media’ courses for Tourism & Events Queensland, acted as MC for the Southern Queensland Tourism Industry Conference and is a regular panellist at industry events such as the Walkley Foundation’s Storyology Conference. Dr Tiana Templeman also appears on radio with ABC Queensland as a travel expert and has travelled around Australia and beyond as a specialist Destination Lecturer for Celebrity Cruises.
Please refer to my Speaker Biography for a brief overview of my recent speaking experience. Prior to becoming a journalist, I led a national training team at KPMG.
- Challenges and opportunities in the 21st century media industry
- The Paradox of Freedom: How to avoid exploitation as a freelancer
- Freelance journalism in times of change
- How to be a successful freelancer in today’s media industry
- Successful media famils: An insider’s guide